One of Karnataka’s most well-known trekking routes is Kodachadri, which is situated in the Shimoga district. The Kodachadri trip, located in the center of the Mookambika Wildlife Sanctuary, provides hikers with an adventure, charm, and memory that will last a lifetime.
With paddy fields, dense woodlands, gorgeous grasslands, and a waterfall that will leave you weak in the knees, Kodachadri Trek takes you through a charming village setting.
You also get to see a temple with a long history that is thought to have been constructed thousands of years ago, which adds to these experiences. Imagine going to a location that contains tales from the 7th AD in addition to the mythology! Famous theologian and philosopher Adi Shankara visited this location and meditated at the peak.
The western ghats walk in Karnataka is not one of those treks that is rich in stories and history.
Ideal Season for the Kodachadri Trek
One of the best treks in India that you must take soon is the Kodachadri Trek, which the government of Karnataka has designated a heritage monument. You must be aware of the ideal time to visit Karnataka if you want a soul-satisfying hiking trip. The optimum months to go on a trek are between September and January, say hikers who have already scaled the Kodachadr mountain top. During these months, you can experience the true grandeur of Kodachadr mountain peak, from the nice weather to the best flora and fauna.
The Kodachadri Trek itinerary
Regarding the itinerary, there are two ways to get there: one uses the trails to get to Karekatte, while the other uses the trails to go around and get to Marakuttaka. The earlier one is preferable for those who are not experienced hikers and need a simple trail to visit and explore the area.
The second one does have a few steep trails that are frequently challenging to travel. The Hidlumane falls are a part of the process, which are also incredibly beautiful but dangerous as well.
The vast majority of people advise travelling to Nagodi or Nittur and staying at one of the numerous homestay alternatives. This makes it much simpler for you to explore the area and complete the Kodachadri trek during the monsoon. Getting a guide for the journey is an excellent alternative if you’re riding the jeep and then walking the final 5 miles to get a handle on what’s going on around you. If you plan to complete the entire climb on foot, the guides are best.
What to Bring
- Soft copy of your voter ID or Aadhar (Mandatorily required for permits)
- To carry your essentials on the hike, use a small backpack.
- Energy Bank
- Cozy Layer
- 2 water bottles (1 litre each)
- Lunch To carry your packed lunch, use a Box & Spoon.
- Covers for raincoats and bags
- a cosy pair of trekking shoes with strong traction
- For lounging around the campsite, wear flip-flops.
- Portable chargers for your electronics A torch or headlamp for use at night
- a second set of clothes to change into after getting wet
- Pack your wet clothes in polybags.
- extra money for food
Information on the Kodachadri Trek
- Meal times will be precise, and the guide will notify you of them.
- To have a secure and enjoyable walk, pay attention to the instructions provided by the trek leader or teacher.
- Alcohol and other intoxicating substances cannot be consumed while on the Kodachadri trek.
- Before starting the hike, see a doctor. While trekking, have a first aid kit and some basic drugs.
- If they choose to use a jeep, participants are required to pay.
- If the walk or a specific activity cannot be completed for any reason, whether natural or personal, no refund will be handled.
- We discourage leaving trash at the nearby sites or campsites because the Kodachadri walking route passes through an environmentally friendly area.
- Trekkers must provide either a Covid negative report that isn’t more than 72 hours old OR a vaccination certificate for the Covid vaccine’s first dosage.
The Best of the Kodachadri Trek
View of Rolling Green Hills
The vastness of gorgeous, rolling hills covered in rich greenery is what makes Kodachadri Trek so famous. As far as the eye can see, the hills are clothed with a beautiful green canopy. The meadows with the Shola forest emerging, which are located at a height of 5,735 feet, are a sight you can see while on the Kodachadri hike.
Emerald green, Parakeet green, and Pine green are some of the various colours of green. The drama and theatre that cloud and mist combined with the vegetation creates is exciting to experience.
Waterfalls of Hidlumane
The Hidlumane Waterfalls are a cascade or a collection of seven waterfalls. A sight to marvel at and something you don’t get to witness on other treks is the gushing waterfall that you can view directly above your head.
You have to dip your feet or at least have your feet in the cold water that is gushing down.
Comments are closed.