On your Windows computer, the CH340 chipset functions as an adaptor. With the aid of this chipset, the system may effortlessly switch from USB input to Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter – UART output.
It’s also potential that the chipset in your system converts USB input to printer output. For a simple explanation, let’s say you want to use the USB port to operate some devices. The CH340 chipset is necessary for your system if it features Arduino Corp. USB ports. It reads the inputs from your device and reacts accordingly.
Installing specific device drivers is necessary in order for any device, including the Arduino CH340 chipset, to function on a Windows computer.
These drivers guarantee exact communication between your system and the linked devices. It is impossible to overestimate the importance of contemporary drivers as a result.
Therefore, you must download the CH340 driver and run its installation process on your Windows device in order to utilize all the USB devices on the system to their full potential.
So, to help you with this process, in this article, we have explained the step-by-step procedure to install the Arduino USB driver on your system.
Steps to Check the Presence of CH340 Driver
When using Arduino boards, the simplest approach to determine whether the CH340 driver is present or not is to insert the appropriate board into your computer’s USB port and launch the Arduino IDE. Then, look for COM Port under the Tools section.
In case, the CH340 driver is not present, the Arduino IDE will not allow you to set COM Ports.
You can also check the Windows system device manager for TTL to USB adapter modules after connecting the device to your computer.
The computer needs to have the CH340 driver installed or updated in order to recognize the USB serial device. The USB serial device will display a danger indication.
So, let us understand the steps to install and update the drivers on your system.
Steps to Install the CH340 Driver
Follow the below steps to perform the installation process.
- You must first install the CH340 driver for Windows, which is available from a variety of sources, including the manufacturer’s website.
- Double-click the unzipped file after downloading it to launch the installation.
- After extracting the necessary files, a new window containing the driver installation opens. You can click Install to start installing the CH340 driver from there.
- A “Driver install success!” notice appears upon the completion of the driver installation.
- You should shut all windows after selecting OK.
- Now, you can relaunch the Arduino IDE. The COM port where the CH340 gadget is connected to the computer should now be visible.
- After connecting the board to your computer, you should also check the Device Manager to ensure that the CH340 driver is correctly installed.
- There, you should be able to locate the USB-serial CH340 COM port displayed with the appropriate port number.
Steps to Update the CH340 Driver
When this happens, the plugged-in device won’t function properly even when the CH340 driver is installed but is corrupted. In this case, you must upgrade the driver.
Follow the below steps to perform the upgrading process.
- First, obtain the CH340 driver through the aforementioned steps.
- Now, navigate to the Windows Device Manager.
- Open the other devices option.
- Right-click on the USB serial gadget that is having problems under Other devices.
- Then select the Update Driver option.
- You can choose how to look for the driver in a new pane that appears.
- Select the Look for drivers on my computer option.
- Navigate to the place where you downloaded and unzipped the CH340 driver zip file.
- Hit the Next button.
- Let the update process begin.
- A message stating that the CH340 driver is now successfully updated will show up.
- You should restart your computer if, after downloading or upgrading the CH340 driver, the USB Serial COM Ports don’t really appear.
In the port section of the device manager, you ought to be able to see the title and port number of your board. It will happen if your driver is loaded correctly and is linked to a computer.
Also Read: How To Connect Your Airpods To Laptops?
So, in the sections above, we looked at various approaches to check, update, and install the Arduino CH340 driver for Windows operating system. We hope these strategies were clear-cut and beneficial for you.
Comments are closed.