Do Australians need a Visa for Turkey?
Yes, Australian citizens need a visa to travel to Turkey. Australian citizens who are coming to Turkey for tourism and business purposes can apply for a multiple-entry visa online if they meet all the eligibility requirements.
The Turkey Visa, which is a multiple-entry permit, allows Australian passport holders to stay in Turkey for up to 90 days.
Nonetheless, in addition to an approved Turkey Visa for Australian Citizens, Australian travellers need the following documents to visit Turkey:
- An Australian passport that meets all the Turkey validity requirements.
- All passengers are mandatorily required to fill out the Covid-19 Form for Entry to Turkey.
- Other essential documents, as may be required by the specific traveller.
Turkey e-Visa or Turkey Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit Turkey for a period of upto 90 days. Government of Turkey recommends that international visitors must apply for a Turkey Visa Online at least three days before you visit Turkey. Foreign citizens can apply for an Turkey Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Turkey Visa application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
How to get a Turkish Visa for Australian citizens?
Travellers from Australia can request their Turkey visa online in minutes by following the 3 simple steps given below, that make the process faster and straightforward:
- Duly fill out and complete the online Turkey Visa Application form. The form will require applicants to fill in personal, passport and travel details.
- Make sure to register for the Covid-19 Form for Entry to Turkey.
- Make sure to review the information and pay the Turkey Visa fee
- All major credit and debit cards will be accepted as modes of payment.
- You will receive the approved Turkey visa after submitting the completed Turkey Visa Application form for review
Please note that the Turkey visa takes around 1 to 2 business days to get processed. Furthermore, if your Turkey Visa is approved you will receive it via email.
Turkey Visa for Australians: Documents required
Only a few items are required to request the Turkey Visa online, including the following documents:
- An Australian passport valid for a minimum of 150 days beyond the date of arrival in Turkey.
- An active and working email address to receive the visa notifications as well as the approved Turkey visa.
- A credit or debit card to pay for the Turkey visa fee
Note: Turkey visa applicants from Australia are not required to present documents in person at the Turkish embassy. The visa information will be submitted electronically.
The Australian permanent residents can also apply for the Turkey Visa Requirements, provided the traveller holds a passport from an eligible country. Applicants must provide their passport data when completing the Turkey visa request.
Turkey Visa Application form for Australians
The Turkey Visa Application form for Australian citizens itself is quite straightforward and easy to complete in a couple of minutes. Australian citizens will need to fill in the information required from the applicants under the following major categories:
- Personal details, including name, date of birth, gender, and nationality
- Travel information, including date of arrival in Turkey
- Passport details, including number, date of issuance, and expiry date
- Contact details, including an active and working email address.
Note: Australian passport holders applying for a Turkey visa must make sure to check all the filled-in information carefully before submitting the request. This is because, even some minor errors like spelling mistakes, could result in processing issues.
Furthermore, for the process to get finalized, travellers are required to pay the Turkey visa fees using a debit or credit card.
When to apply for a Turkey Visa from Australia: processing times
The Turkey visa online processing is quite fast and the Australian citizens can get the approved permit within 24 hours of submitting the online visa request.
However, it is advisable that applicants must allow extra time in case of delays in processing.
Turkey entry requirements for Australians
Australian citizens need the 2 following documents to be eligible for entering Turkey:
- A valid passport that has a minimum validity of at least 150 days from the date of entry into Turkey.
- The approved Turkey visa
- A Covid-19 Form for Entry to Turkey is mandatory for all Australian passengers.
Note: Turkish border officials verify travel documents. Therefore, receiving an approved visa does not guarantee entry into the country. The final decision lies with Turkish immigration authorities.
Apart from this, please make sure to check and stay updated with the current entry requirements to Turkey from Australia, before travelling. Moreover, some additional health requirements for Australian travellers in Turkey are now in place.
Best known for its scenic beaches, Alanya is a town that is covered in sandy strips and strung along the neighbouring coast. If you wish to spend a laid-back holiday in an exotic resort, you are sure to find your best shot at Alanya! From June to August, this place remains packed with north European tourists. Learn more at Visiting Alanya on a Turkish Visa Online
Travel to Turkey from Australia
Turkish visas are valid at all sea, air, and land borders for Australian travellers, and the majority of Australians prefer to travel to Turkey by plane as it is the fastest and most comfortable option.
Australian citizens can avail of flights with just one stop to Istanbul from the Australian cities such as Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney.
Furthermore, the popular Turkish coastal town of Antalya in Turkey is also accessible through non-direct flights from Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra.
Note: Please make sure to present your Turkey visa and a valid Australian passport at the destination airport before passing through immigration control in Turkey.
Comments are closed.